Membership Process at Unity Church of Maui
If you are interested in becoming a member, please speak with Rev. Blaine or call our office at (808) 242-9327.
Membership At Unity Church of Maui
Membership at Unity Church of Maui offers you the opportunity to grow in Spirit. Membership with Unity Church of Maui is an opportunity to step into a deeper awareness of Spirit in our midst and a path to enliven your spiritual growth through sacred community.
Whether you are new to Unity Church of Maui or have been a long-time congregant, we encourage you to consider "officially" becoming part of our member community. As you pursue your spiritual path we encourage you to explore what it means to be committed to living universal truths. Membership in Unity is not required, but is encouraged as a way for an individual to commit to his or her own spiritual growth. Active members attend services regularly, participate in events, invest their time in service to our spiritual community, attend classes and contribute their financial gifts to Unity Church of Maui.
Why consider membership?
- Becoming a member confirms to you and your spiritual community that you are committed to living a life of love, abundance, and meaning. It affirms a sense of commitment to personal spiritual growth, ownership of your individual beliefs, and a willingness to make a difference.
- Membership in Unity Church of Maui helps to transform any old feelings of “not belonging.” Many of us arrive at Unity from other traditions having searched for a place where we feel at home. Embracing membership affirms, “I belong!”
- Committing to membership is a public affirmation that says “I walk my talk”, setting a example for others in living a positive life.
- Only members can participate in voting on important church matters. More than collective conversation, we need you to be actively engaged in our community by the sharing of your vision and voice for our community.
- Dedicated Prayer Chaplain Wellness Connection - our members are assigned a dedicated chaplain who will not only hold you in prayer, our chaplains can also pray with you on a monthly wellness call.
- Community & Connection: Be part of our Annual Dedication Ceremony in sacred community and recommit every year to living a life of purpose and sacred focus (to be initiated).
- You become a part of the growing group of people who are living consciously and actively making a difference in the world.
Classes required for membership at Unity Church of Maui are offered two or three times a year, presented by Rev. Blaine Tinsley. After attending these classes, you will stand up in front of the congregation, accept our blessings, and officially become a member. Class pre-registration is strongly requested and appreciated.